R&D Manager (Flavor & Essential Oil) – Michael Page
Creating new flavors as well as managing the R&D division which includes document preparation for registration, advice commercial team in application, technical aspect and product development on new and existing products.
Our client has been around in the market and is expanding its business worldwide. A company with strong brands and a fully committed suppliers with great relationship with its customers.
This person is responsible for (but not limited to):
– To be able to create new flavors and reformulate existing flavors.
– Understand raw materials and their characteristics such as essential oils, plant extracts, aroma chemical, natural flavors and artificial ingredients.
– Manage the R&D team (> 5 people)
– Advise commercial team on application
– Strong in technical aspect
– Trouble shooting and evaluating of existing products for improvements.
– To provide reports on product development.
– Recommending suitable products that meet the requirements from distributors / customers that are in line with the company’s strategy.
– Oversee applications of new flavours into finished products.
– Manage project enquiries.
– Liaise with the operation Manager to ensure proper supervision and training are provided to the production team when new products are produced.
– To advise on the standards of quality and the specifications necessary to produce and in accordance with the Food Safety System requirements.
The successful candidate must possess :
– University education or post graduate education in Food Science / Technology or any equivalent field.
– Min 10 years of experience in R&D field in food industry.
– Knowledge or specific business understanding
– Knowledge in finished products and raw materials applications such as : Instant food, noodle, seasoning, RTD and many others.
– Fluent in English.
– Knowledge in Food Safety System and other related compliance and certification requirements.
– Experience in Flavour or speciality ingredient industry is an advantage.
– Meticulous, detailed oriented and organised.
– Able to coordinate R&D staff, management and local authorities.
- Great salary and benefit
- Strong career path
- Learning culture
INSERT STRAPLINE TEXT HERE